Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I need a heavy coverage foundation, but I don't wanna look like I have a full face of makeup on at the beach?

I have blemishes, and I never go anywhere without makeup. What can I do when I go to the beach? I still need a heavy coverage foundation, i look terrible without it on but I want to look a little more natural at the beach. And I love the beach!


Any ideas/suggestions for beach makeup would be great.I need a heavy coverage foundation, but I don't wanna look like I have a full face of makeup on at the beach?
Instead of using heavy coverage foundation all over your face, here's what I suggest:


- use a good sunscreen before putting on makeup


- use a primer to make sure your makeup stays on (I like MAC Prep and Prime SPF 50 -- this is basically sunscreen and primer in one!)


- use a tinted moisturizer (I like Laura Mercier's oil-free tinted moisturizer. This is kind of expensive, but it's an awesome product. For a lower end product, Stila, Clinique, Kiehl's, Covergirl Smoothers are pretty good as well)


- Lightly spot on a full coverage concealer and layer if you need more coverage. This makes sure you don't pack on too much product initially and you don't look cakey. (I like MakeUpForever's Full Coverage Camouflage Cream and MAC Select Coverup. Both of these are also good for covering dark undereye circles and redness as well). --- If you like, you can find a full coverage foundation and use it as your concealer to spot on wherever you need extra coverage (lots of raves for Estee Lauder Double Wear -- great coverage and excellent staying power).


- If you get oily, you can use a setting powder, blot sheets throughout the day, or a blot powder whenever you need it (MAC Blot Powder).





Good luck!I need a heavy coverage foundation, but I don't wanna look like I have a full face of makeup on at the beach?
Try a mineral makeup, like Loral Bare Natural. Use the foundation lightly over your entire face to even out your skin tone, then use their concealer on the individual blemishes for heavier coverage. This look looks extremely natural but still covers blemishes, and it wont melt off in the heat like many liquid foudations do.
How about a tinted SPF moisturiser with a matt finish which should give you reasonable coverage. You could put a bit of SPF concealer on your blemishes before putting on the tinted moisturiser if you are that concerned. But honestly the salt water would do your skin a power of good. Hamilton's is a good Australian product, hope you can source it where you are.
revlon colorstay is very long lasting! 16 hrs!





it looks relatively natural and doesn't feel too heavy either. but make sure you find a good match for your skin tone.





i have been having trouble with finding a matching foundation until i encounted everyday minerals ~~ it's a mineral makeup and you do need to use finishing veils to control the oil and set your make up. and i dunno whether you could swim in it or not. it's bought online, so harder to access if you dun have paypal or a credit card.





i dun think u can soak yourself in water in colorstay either, but it doesn't come off easily and it's a store brand -- easily access.
Look, I know you want to cover your flaws but sun protection is far more important. The sun will age you and give you skin cancer without protection. Try Hissy Fit, Australian tinted sunscreen. It's thick, creamy and has a high SPF. It does two jobs in one.
Max Factor Lasting Performance Stay Put Liquid Makeup Foundation.


Its by far the best.
MAC foundation sticks are amazing. They have SPF 15 and give great coverage.
KRYOLAN

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
dogs