Thursday, December 10, 2009

Granddaughter(age 14) who is wearing all black / heavy black makeup, said friends do? Is this a cult, danger?

SHe's fine. It's perfectly normal for adolescents to go through this stage. DOn't be so judgmental.Granddaughter(age 14) who is wearing all black / heavy black makeup, said friends do? Is this a cult, danger?
It's not dangerous. People copy certain styles.Granddaughter(age 14) who is wearing all black / heavy black makeup, said friends do? Is this a cult, danger?
No they are just making their Independence known. I went through the same thing as a teen. Just thank god that she's not wearing hoochie clothes and flaunting her stuff to everyone. From my experience with what we call goth people the only difference from you and me are the clothes and music but they are just humane like us, the just like different stuff at this moment and most grow out of it when they get older. Just make sure she's not doing drugs or alcohol or sneaking out late at night. All she is doing is expressing her individuality.
she'll get over it in time. ignore it.
I used to fall in that crowd. Coming from someone who's been there, it can be HARMLESS. The only thing to worry about is if she let's her personality become dark and dreary. This is no ';cult';. What it is, well, it's a group of kids who might think being dark is cool, or makes them different. Let her be herself. Just look out for any signs of depression, as that would be the only REAL thing to worry about. Most kids though really aren't depressed, they just like the style and like the music.
No it dont mean she is in a cult,it just means that she wants to express her self as an indavedual,I used to dress like that when I was yung and i grew out of it,some day she will to. I wouldent be mad at her for it.
HAHAAHHAH what kind of young girl doesnt do that? they just want to express themselves i guess, they say they want to be ';unique'; even though a bunch of teens dress that way for the same reason. she just wants to be noticed even though she might say she doesnt want to. leave her, its nothing big......shes just like any other teen
it's very common. it is typically a style of dress used to express disdain for the current social order, if you think she's that deep.





playing dress-up is a normal way for teens to try on identities. a problem can arise when tons of effort is put into maintaining the look, and so no effort is put into developing her character, talents, interests, etc.
no its just a fase
Let her be herself....she's not doing anything wrong. It's called individuality or classification. She makes her own decisions and let her make them...The only time you should come into a situation with what she wears is when you think what she's wearing will give out a very BAD impression to people or when she's wearing something inappropriate. Why don't you ask her why she likes to wear all black? Sometimes it helps when you kow the other side's opinion!
at thirteen and forteen your granddaughter was me. i wore all black and had very strange friends. its just a stage i started to find boys and that type of thing towards my 15th bday. now im part of the pta no worries form my part of view.
Well, I'm sure You know that causes to be Gothc. Tell her mom to take her to your house on Spring Break or so And teach her how a 14 year old should be.
This is most likely a faze. she is probably trying this out to see how she fits in. I went through several, Big hair and tight jeans, no makeup and flannel, preppy,sloppy, all black and bright colors. It depended on my age and the music me and my friends were listening to. I would not worry unless she is showing self destructive tendency's. IE cutting herself, binge drinking excetra, as long as she is still open{as open as 14 year olds get anyway} about who she is with and what she is doing I would not worry to much.
It's a trend, called neo-gothic, very depressing look....


Talk with her, wearing it's no so worrying, but could be something else..
maybe maybe not, but it would be prudent to also watch for signs of drug abuse, falling grades, giving up activities she once enjoyed, a new set of Friends that don't like to come in the house, etc, etc. I know from which I speak. My daughter started at 13, she is 17 now and thank god she is alive, but it was a close call. I had people telling me all the time, leave her alone, its just a phase..yeah..not with her it wasn't
No, it dosn't mean a cult. It's gothic and it can be just a phase. Just leave her alone and don't make it an issue.
yes, to get her to stop make her feel scared of all that makeup
It is a stage. I would probably be a litle worried, but she will get out of it.
I would sit down and talk to her, just to make sure everything is okay anyway. I wear all black most of the time and wear heavy black make up and I am not part of a cult or worship the devil ( I very much believe in God!). I think she has just chosen a ';look'; that she likes to have (I know that I like it!) Good luck!
depends, she could just be going though a phase, there was a time where i wore nearly all black and skull earring and stuff but it just passed. she could just be following a tread or her music is influencing the way she dresses.





she could actually be doing drugs or something but it is most likely just a phase
Its called Gothic.





Yes, its a ';cult'; and its not a very pretty thing.





They look towards the ';dark side'; and are pessimistic in nature. They dont ';want'; to see the bright side of things.





Some worship satan, while others are into heavy drugs....





I would set your daughter straight, as I did mine, that she isnt allowed to ';do'; that sort of thing until she is 18 and out on her own!





I wish you well..





Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
dogs